Follow me on Twitter!

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Downsizing from so much stuff



So I moved from a large 3 bedroom apartment to a moderately sized one bedroom apartment in the middle of May. So, I have been in my new home for about 2 months, and I must say I love it.



The picture is of about half of the stuff I gave away, either to people I knew who could use it, or to Goodwill (man was that a couple of insanely large trips!)



It is so much easier to have less stuff! Seems odd, but its true. It is just easier to stay organized and keep things clean (which I will admit I still have trouble with some, but it is much better than it has been in the past!). And, I actually feel less stress having less stuff just laying around.





What do I need all the stuff for anyway, right?





Well, as of the last couple days I have had my first worries of my new apartment. You see, I love to host people, have people over to hang out, spend the night, whatever. I have a fairly open door policy. But tomorrow night my sister and her whole family are coming to stay with me.





Now, I am really excited that they are coming. I will get to see my nephews for the first time in 7 months (and based on the pictures I've seen they have grown up a lot in that time!) and it will be the first time my brother in law gets to come visit Morgantown.





Still, I am worried because this means that I will have 5 extra people in my little one bedroom apartment. Thank goodness the weather is looking like it will be good so the boys won't be couped up inside all day! But there are little things I never had to worry about in my old apartment. Where to fit everyone to sleep? Where to do dinners (since I no longer have an actual kitchen table, just a bar table with 2 stools that it is likely the boys will fight over)? What about nap times? Where do they play?





Well, I'm sure all these will be worked out with relative ease, and it will be much wirth any craziness to have them come visit.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can relate to having too much stuff. It seems the more you own, well it really owns you because you have to clean it, move it, deall with it in one way or another.

Good luck with the sleeping and dining arrangements!