Follow me on Twitter!

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

25th birthday in Wilmington!


Some of my friends are spending their summer in Wilimington, NC, for Leadership Training with GCM. Pretty cool stuff. I knew I would really miss them being here in Morgantown, so I had planned to go visit them at some point during the summer. It just happened to work out that I could go down on the weekend of my birthday. It's also my friend Jenna's birthday who is there for the summer!


It was great to be able to spend an entire day just hanging out with friends with no pressure, and no schedule.


We began by sleeping in (which was good since one of my friends kept me up til 4:30 am!). Then we headed to The Grind, a coffee shop right by the beach. I love that place. 6 of us went and just hung out. Many of us just sat reading our Bibles and hanging with God. Some did some stuff on the computer, and one of my friends studied for an upcoming exam. It was just so chilled and laid back. I think that was one of the best parts of the day!


For the afternoon and evening, we went to downtown Wilmington, and did a little perusing of boutiques. The guys left, and the ladies went and enjoyed some AWESOME half price sushi at a really neat sushi restaurant and then got some fudge at the local candy shop. We even went to another coffee shop and hung out for another couple hours (can you tell it was my kind of day?).


Lastly we made our way to the Little Dipper to enjoy a fantastic fondue dinner. Some of our other friends met up with us and we had a great time just hanging out, and enjoying an eventful meal together.


All in all it was awesome. Getting a chance to hang with some awesome friends, and just have a day with no schedule to hang out. Oh, and getting to hang at 2 coffee shops wasn't so bad either!

No comments: