Follow me on Twitter!

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Bithday Goodness


Ok, so I have to tell you guys about my favorite birthday gift.


It came while standing waiting for my amazing iced mocha at the grind Saturday morning talking with my friend Brittani.


She told me she had been thinking about what to get me for my birthday, and then it just came to her...


You see, we had a discussion about a month or so ago and I told her that since I really didn't need anything, I had thought about asking people to just give any money they would spend on a gift to Nuru International. I really didn't follow through on that though. My bad.


BUT, she remembered it. So, she told me that instead of giving me a gift she would make a donation to Nuru! I was beside myself excited! It was one of those fleeting thoughts and conversations that I never really acted on, and was more idealistic than anything. But to see it become a reality was just amazing!


Maybe in your giving of gifts (birthday, Christmas, the just because gifts) you could think about donating to Nuru instead of giving someone more stuff that they really don't NEED. Or, find out another charity or organization that the person you are giving for loves and is passionate about and give to that.


Let's get our focus off ourselves and on to others!

No comments: