Follow me on Twitter!

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

The Big Visit


Well, as usual, life has been insanely busy and I have gotten behind on my blogging...


But I'll at least try to catch up some today! :)


So here is the update on the much anticipated Garton visit:


It was AWESOME to have my sister Jenn and her entire family come in (yup, including hubby Heath, 6 yr old Isaiah, 4 yr old Joel, and 2 yr old Silas!). As I said in my last blog, I was a bit nervous about my first time hosting people for a weekend in my new smaller apartment. But all worked out well. The sleeping arrangements were a bit more cramped than any other visit might have been, but there was no complaining, and I think all in all they all had a great time. I know I did.


And apparently my oldest nephew decided he wanted to move to West Virginia, and become a rock climber. Yeah, I know, I'm not sure what gave him that idea. Apparently Cooper's Rock had a huge impact on him. So much so that we had to go back another day. And he has even decided he wants to save his money to get a much needed chalk bag (we heard a lot about him needing one on the trip!)


It was nice to get to see them all again, I can hardly believe it had been 7 months! It was great to see them explore Coopers Rock, have water gun fights, decorate birthday cookies, watch movies, and even learn to play DDR. Yes, I attempt to influence them in weird ways anytime I see them. I know it will probably be Thanksgiving before I get to see them again, so for now I will just enjoy reflecting on the awesome time we had together here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was absolutely awesome! Thanksgiving will not come soon enough! We miss you already. Thanks for being a great hostess!