Follow me on Twitter!

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Moving Out, Moving In


So I have had quite the wild ride the past week with all the insanity of moving. There were so many ups and downs, but I learned a lot through the process.

1. It is much harder to move when you don't live in the same place as your family who will come help you with everything whenever you need it. The last two moves I've done, I had so much help from the fam, and I didn't even realize how much it meant until I didn't have it here! Along these lines, it is important to be thankful for amazing friends who step up to help in their place, even if it means staying up til all hours of the morning packing/painting/moving things!

2. It is probably not the best idea in the world to stay up for 40 hours straight the day before you move your stuff. Kind of adds a bit to the stress of things when you are exhausted and hungry.

3. You know all the crap you accumulate over time? Not so hard to part with a bunch of it after all. Success has  come in the form of scaling down a large three bedroom apartment to a moderate 1 bedroom. Oh yeah, that feels better than you can imagine. (More to come on that topic later)

4. It is really easy to take for granted what we have, whether it be space, stuff, friends, family, or anything else. Sometimes we just forget to stop and realize all the good things in our lives, especially when we are busy or begin to feel overwhelmed.

Take a minute right now, yes, right now, and think about all you have to be thankful for. Don't take it for granted, remember those things, and make an effort appreciate them more. I mean, hey, if you've taken the time to read this blog, then you have enough free time to at least remember what you have.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay! you are starting to blog. I won't go all out and call you a blogger yet, but I am hopeful that you will persevere!

Cassie said...

Woo! Love the blog already! Can I link yours to mine? :]

Anonymous said...

Love the post - glad you joined the blog community now! :) I think it is so easy to go through our days and forgot God's amazing blessings in our life. Glad you got to experience the joy that comes from finding He has provided for you in so many ways!