Follow me on Twitter!

Friday, September 26, 2008

My ripped pants


That's me. And my ripped pants. Yeah.


It all started with an innocent leadership retreat for my church. The leaders for DV8 (middle school), Wired (High School), and H2O (college & career) headed to Deep Creek for the weekend to refocus, connect about the upcoming semester, and just hang out together. It was an amazing time together.


On Saturday night, after we had an amazing time together sharing about what God had done in our lives the last year, some of us started dancing around like idiots (because that's what we do when there is an open space and music playing). Well, as a few of us were just dancing around, we were jumping up and down from the floor, acting kind of like monkeys (don't ask. Really).


Well, that was the point I heard a rip. And I immediately just sat down where I was. And scooted on my butt to the side of the room where there was only one other person sitting on a couch (my roommate for the weekend Deanna). I realized pretty quickly that it was not a small rip, or just the pocket. No, it was a bit too drafty for that.


Most people really didn't realize what was happening, to my delight. I did find out later that Cameron was trying to get me to show people cause he didn't think it ripped all the way through. But oh did it.


Eventually my friend Jamie went and got me a pair ow sweats to wear, and I changed and all was well again. And then everyone got to see how badly I ripped my pants. Hilarious.


The only problem being they were one of my favorite pairs of jeans that I have worn a ton since I got them 2 years ago (probably why they were weak enough to rip like that). And now I am down to 1 pair of jeans that fit well, and 1 pair that will fit with a belt. Oh issues.


Oh yeah, and a pair of khakis that I really love. That as I looked at yesterday I realized were getting small holes at the corners of each back pocket. Grr. No dancing in those I guess.

1 comment:

Alise said...

I hate it when favorite clothes die. I hope that you are able to have a proper burial of these jeans and are able to mourn their passing in a way befitting their demise.

Glad you were at least able to keep your dignity (if that's possible after acting like a monkey!).