Follow me on Twitter!

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

P-D Day

So today is the day. Well, tomorrow is the day too, but today is the beginning. Proposal Defense Day.

In about 1 hour I will be giving my dissertation proposal defense seminar. Yeah. Can I just say that I wasn't nervous really about it until about 5 minutes ago? Not really so sure why. Hopefully I'll get over it soon. Maybe it's because I sucked at my last presentation a couple weeks ago, so I know what it feels like to give a horrible presentation on the subject now rather than just an ok or good one.

I guess I'll know in a couple hours what the reaction is. Of course I won't have my insane committee meeting until tomorrow at noon. That's when they'll drill me and tell me I suck at life and hopefully that I pass. But today I can see the reaction of the grad students (please don't ask me too many questions guys, and I promise to return the favor to you on your seminar day) and some faculty. Of course the chair of my committee will be MIA... not sure if that's a good or a bad thing.

But until then, I will have to just try to be confident in what I know (or at least think I know).

Oh, and I found out that we will have a tray of cheeses and crackers. On Monday seminar afternoons we get cookies, or brownies, or doughnuts or something. Usually Wednesdays don't get a treat. But today we will have cheese and crackers. It feels kind of formal... not gonna lie. But it gave me a smile when I got the email about it this morning.

Here's to hoping I don't make an idiot of myself today!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You will do great...the Lord will give you the confidence you need! Love you and I can't wait to hear how the committee meeting goes today.