Follow me on Twitter!

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

A Collision...

No, not the David Crowder Band CD. Although that is good. My car.




This is what my car looked like yesterday after I mis-judged a turn and side swiped a telephone pole. And no, this was not a pole made from an int so that it would be walking around. In fact, it still looks like this.

Needless to say I was a bit upset. I have been really overwhelmed and stressed with everything I've had going on, and that was the final straw. I just broke down and cried for about 20 minutes when I got home.

After that I got to talk to a few of my friends who shared many words of wisdom. After all, it is just a thing. Yes, a very expensive thing, but a thing. And it still works fine. It's only aesthetic.

And, as someone reminded me, a quotable guy long ago said not to worry about tomorrow, it has enough worries of its own.

I realized at that point though that I should take a step back though. I just spent some time praying and reading the Bible. Amazing stuff.

Here's some cool stuff to encourage you today:

Psalm 27: The lord is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life, of whom shall I be afraid?... I am certain I will see the Lord's goodness in the land of the living. Wait for the Lord, be courageous and let your heart be strong. Wait for the Lord.

Psalm 46: God is our refuge and our strength and helper who is always found in times of trouble. Therefore we will not be afraid, though the earth trembles and the mountains topple into the depths of the seas, though its waters roar and foam and the mountains quake with its turmoil.

John 14:1: Trust in God, trust also in me.

And really, if you need more encouragement, read Job. I mean, come on. It can't really get a whole lot worse that what he went through!

So in all, life may be crazy but I can rely on God, He is my strength.

How have you learned to rely on God in times of need?

1 comment:

Alise said...

At the beginning of this year, Elwood was unemployed for about 4 months. With a family of 6, it's pretty scary to see the sole source of income go away. We had to rely pretty heavily on God during that period of time. And, as He is oft to do, He proved Himself more than capable of caring for us during that season. Elwood was able to find a temp job, and as he was driving back from his last day on that job, we received a call that his previous job was available to him again. It was absolutely incredible.