Follow me on Twitter!

Friday, September 26, 2008

Done!

Busy? Me. No. That could never define my life. Ok, maybe. Always. But whatever.

I finally finished writing my proposal for my dissertation. Turning it in to my committee was one of the most liberating and terrifying experiences. You see, now I don't have to worry about writing it everyday, but I also can't change anything, so if there's a mistake it's there for good. Now I just have to make a seminar to present what I wrote.

It didn't really hit me how quickly this has all happened. I just got the official email announcing my seminar next Wednesday though, so it is completely official. I have to present my research plan for the next year and a half in 5 days. And then have a committee meeting about it the next day. Where they will hopefully not fail me. I don't really like the whole failing thing.

And as disenchanted as I have been for the past year with research, I really don't want to fail. I don't want a reason to quit. I may dread it sometimes, but I do want to finish it out. Whether or not I do this long term after I graduate is another story....

No comments: