Follow me on Twitter!

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

C is for cookie....


I have never seen any group of people devour a giant iced cookie as fast as those I saw tonight.

Tonight marked the last practice for kidSTUFF that we will have for the season, with our last performance on Sunday. I made two giant cookie cakes for the dancers as an end of season treat. About the time I was ready to cut it, I decided they could just pull off pieces and it would be easier... so I made the mistake of saying, "You guys can just dive in." At that point the scene switched from mild manner girls to wild beasts that had not seen food for weeks. In under two minutes they had the first cookie demolished, and were about half way through the second. I could hardly believe it. They never cease to amaze me.

It is moments like these that I will miss during the summer away from them. The craziness. The times they are screaming so loud that anyone in the entire church building can hear them. The compassionate looks from the parents that seem to say, "You are insane for taking this on, but God bless you for giving me a 2 hour break!" 

These kids have beens so much fun. I hope I will get to continue working with them in the future, and seeing them grow up into amazing men and women. They are so phenomenal, and have such potential in so many areas of life. I pray that each of them have been impacted by this chance to work together, and that they continue to learn and grow. But maybe slow down a bit on the cookies.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Isn't it great to see kids grow up! I guess when you are needing a kid fix you will just have to make your way down to TN for a visit with some great little guys!