Follow me on Twitter!

Thursday, August 28, 2008

beauty in simplicity


I took this picture on August 11. I don't really remember exactly what I was doing that day, but I do remember the picture.
I looked out my sliding doors in my bedroom, and I just thought that what I saw was beautiful. This doesn't completely capture it, but it's the best I could do. It may not be much of a view (unless you really like looking at trailers and other apartments) but it's my view. And I've grown to love it. Me and my little ghetto country view. Pretty normal for me to see.
The beautiful and amazing thing about this particular day is that it had been rainy and overcast all day. Then, suddenly, there was a burst of sunshine, that made all the colors look even more vibrant than they really are. If you look in the picture, you can still see the overcast sky in the top.
Isn't it amazing that we serve a God who created such a gorgeous earth, and thought of things like sunshine and rain, clouds and grass, and even people (who in their non-infinite wisdom created trailers)? I just love these little moments that serve as reminders of how amazing He is. What reminders have you had recently? Can't think of one? Well, take a look around you today and see what God can show you through the normalcy all around you. You may just be surprised what you see.

No comments: