Follow me on Twitter!

Thursday, June 26, 2008

The Death Hike

So a group of 7 of my friends and I are going on a little hike this weekend. And by little I mean 24 miles.

I have never done anything remotely similar to this in my life, but I'm pretty excited about it. We will be carrying in all our own water (dude, that's a lot of added weight) and supplies to camp Friday and Saturday night on the trail. When I say I've never done anything like this, I mean, I've never hiked that long, had to hike carrying supplies, or even camped outside for real. (Unless you count the youth advance when I was 15 at a campground or having a tent set up at Relay, which I don't.)

So all in all, I may die. It will be a fun death though I am sure. I'm quite positive I will come back from the weekend with all sorts of insane stories to tell or embarrassing moments when I realize how much of a city girl I really am. (I mean, I do claim being from suburbia... that has to say something.)
Still... it will be an adventure. And if I die, well, it has been nice knowing you all, and blogging about my randomness. :D

No comments: