Follow me on Twitter!

Thursday, June 26, 2008

busy, busy, busy

So much for having a boring summer.

I thought at the beginning of the summer that life was gonna be so much simpler because a lot of what I did during the fall and spring was ending until next fall. No more seminars and journal clubs, a break from KidSTUFF, no summer hours for so.zo, no exsatio, friends going out of town for the WHOLE summer... you know, a huge change.

But boy was I wrong! I have had so much to do lately that it is hard to keep up... and it seems I have just hit the beginning of my busy summer! I'm writing a manuscript (for real this time), trying to finish up some experiments for that and doing other experiments, and writing my dissertation proposal for lab. That is a lot in and of itself... and takes up a lot of my time. On top of that, my weekends are pretty much booked solid through the end of July. Where has the time gone?

I mean, don't get me wrong. I enjoy being busy. When I'm not I go kind of nuts. It is just that I had expected one thing out of the summer and I am getting quite another!

I guess sometimes our expectations are just dead wrong, huh?

No comments: